Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Better Half

For richer or poorer, in good times and bad, til death do us part. Words to live by once you get married. When I met Chris I wasn't looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with. I was 17 and hadn't been on but one date. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine I would end up falling completely head over heels for this guy and marry him some 8 years later. He was more than I could have ever asked for in a spouse. He definitely brings out the best in me. He knows me better than anyone. Even though I have my moments he loves me unconditionally. When I was younger I had a friend, Amy, whose husband was crazy about her. It didn't matter what she did, he was there for her and he loved her like crazy! I thought that's the kind of man I want to marry. When I was in labor with Corbin and I watched Chris stand by my side, hold my hand while I was pain, and try his best to make me smile I knew then I had found my soul mate. He is one amazing dad and husband. He is truly my better half. He makes me a better person and I just hope that Corbin grows up to be just like him. Which is some pretty big shoes to fill.

Couldn't resist putting this picture up. You can tell by looking at his face he is the one that was staying up ALL night with Corbin every night. I was so drugged up the first month that I was home he would stay up ALL night long and wake me up when it was time to feed Corbin. He changed every diaper in the middle of the night. I never had to leave the bed. He is an amazing man and I just felt like bragging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment